We all are fed up of applying make-up on a daily basis, to hide dark circles, pimples or our dull skin, aren’t we?
It can be a challenging task to live in dirt, pollution and this scorching heat, which, affects the skin and leaves us with some minor skin issues like skin darkening, pimples, dry lips or even frizzy hair.
And are we even properly taking care of our face?
In today’s busy schedule, we don’t get much time to look after our skin, either we avoid or hide these by applying chemical-laden cosmetics, which makes it worst.
Therefore, we got the best natural way to get rid of these problems, that is, Rosewater. Do You Know? ‘Rose‘ which gained popularity from Shakespeare’s stories, was used as a part of beauty mechanism of legendary beauty queen ‘Cleopatra’. Yes, the use of Rose or Rosewater dates back to early Egypt, when Cleopatra used this natural product in her skincare regime, and for generations, it has been used by women across the world as a magic weapon to enhance their beauty.
If you have ever lost yourself in the enchanting fragrance of a rose, then you are definitely going to chase this mesmerizing product.
Now, when we know Rosewater is great for skin and one of the best ingredients to include in your skincare routine. Let’s know how it benefits us:
- It helps in maintaining skin’s pH balance and controls the excess oil.
- It has anti- inflammatory properties that help in reducing the redness of the irritated skin, fights acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Enhances the quality of hair, due to it’s nourishing and moisturizing properties.
- The aroma of roses is said to be a perfect mood enhancer, thereby making you feel relaxed and giving a refreshing look to your skin.
- Its anti-bacterial properties help in healing scars, wounds and cut.
After the beneficial facts, it also has some of its daily beauty uses. Rosewater should be used properly to clear all the impurities and we have the best and easiest ways to recommend:
As an Eye Drop: It can be used as a daily natural eye drop.
- It will help in preventing and curing the dark circles and puffiness.
- It will also help to cleanse and cool the eyes.
As a toner and a Spray: Using rosewater is a better and more natural substitute among the other chemical laden toners that are easily available in the market.
- After cleaning your face, apply chilled rosewater with a soft cotton ball.
- You can also use rosewater in a form of spray. You can buy a small spray bottle, which, is easily available and easy to carry.
- It can also be used as a makeup setting product. Just spray it over makeup and the mist will leave your face radiant.
As a Lip Pack: Make your lips soft and pink with a very simple trick:
- Combine ½ teaspoon honey and 2-4 drops rosewater in a bowl.
- Apply onto your lips with a soft cotton ball or an ear bud.
Important – Repeat 3-4 times in a day to get an instant result.
As a Hair Conditioner: Use rosewater as a final rinse after shampooing. It will help in conditioning the hair deeply and makes your hair healthier and shinier.
Bye-Bye Acne: Those suffering from acne for over a long period of time can bid a goodbye to their problems. Use the following method
- Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp rosewater.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
Important – It will help in relieving the acne and reduce the blemishes and scars. To see the best results, apply the mixture for 2-3 weeks.
Spoil Yourself: As many Skincare specialists recommend, “To indulge in spoiling more, draw yourself a rose scented bath. It’s considered the best antidote to stress”.
Important – You can even mix rosewater with almond oil or the regular creams you use to moisturize your body.
So, I have added up the most easy-breezy and natural ingredient to my skincare routine for a glowing skin. When are you going to make a change in your routine?